Osprea Logistics is proud to launch the next generation of the legendary Mamba APC, the Mk5 Magirus – now with more power, innovative tactical capacities, advanced technology and new, upgraded armour protection.
Faced with 21st Century threats, governments, corporates and organisations operating in conflict environments repeatedly request the Mamba vehicles they know and trust.
The latest version of the legendary Mamba armoured vehicle – the Mamba Mk5 Magirus – provides even higher degrees of ballistic and mine protection, excellent mobility and more manoeuvrability than ever before.
The Mamba was one of the most successful wheeled vehicles designed to protect multi-role forces operating in mine-threatened environments. Some 1,000’s of Mamba vehicles have been built in South Africa; and most are still in service in military, combat and peace-keeping operations across Africa and the world.
The Mamba has a documented and enviable in-service record for user-friendliness, safety, performance reliability and ease of logistics support. Sound in its ballistic and ergonomic design, it remains the preferred choice in medium-sized wheeled armoured vehicles.
The new Mamba Mk5 Magirus retains all of the legendary design and performance capabilities of the Mamba pedigree, combined with the latest improvements and modifications critical for 21st Century combat operations. All this at a price point that reflects the realities of today’s budgetary requirements.
As the owner of the Mamba brand, only Osprea Logistics produces new Mamba Mk5 vehicles.
• Combat Proven Pedigree
• Maximum Power, Manoeuvrability, and Protection
• Advantageous Price Point
Mamba Mk5 Open Door Marketing Policy
The Mamba Mk5 Magirus is currently available direct from Osprea or through its registered agents. For further information on Osprea's Marketing Policy, please click here.
MAMBA™ Mk5 Magirus
Mine Protected Vehicle
The Next Generation of the Legendary
Medium Sized, 4x4 APC
Air cooled 4 stroke direct injected turbo-charged diesel engine
|Type||Deutz BF6L9l3F Turbo|
|Cylinders||6 in -line|
|Power||127kW (172Hp) @ 2800 rpm|
|Torque||508 Nm (374 lbft) @ 1600 rpm|
|Power:Wgt Ratio (kw/ton)||14.81 kW/ton|
|Gearbox||S6-36 synchromesh gearbox|
|Gears||6 forward, 1 reverse
with PTO facility
|Front suspension||Single Acting semi-elliptic leaf springs|
|Rear suspension||Single Acting semi-elliptic leaf springs|
|Foot brake||Compressed Air-hydraulic, Dual Circuit, with Exhaust brake|
|Hand brake||Accumulator, rear wheels|
|Front axle||Driven, Steerable, Double Reduction|
|Rear axles||Driven Double Reduction|
|Tyre Size||1300:20" Rim (1400:20 optional)|
|L:W:H (mm)||5,140: 2,450: 2,600 mm|
|Tare mass||8,570 kg|
|Manufacturers GVM||12,200 kg|
|Maximum Payload||3,630 kg|
|Ground Clearance||340 mm|
|Top Speed Kph||105 kph|
|Sustained Road Speed||94 kph|
|Acceleration 0-60 Kph (seconds)||22.9 sec|
|Acceleration 30-60 Kph (seconds)||13 sec|
|Turning Circle (m): Radius||13.5: 6.75 m|
|Vertical Step Up||600 mm|
|Fording depth||1200 mm|
|Crew Capacity||up to 2+9|
|Variants||APC, Command Vehicle, Ambulance, Security Vehicle, Mortar or Rocket Platform,VIP Escort / Transport, Cash In Transit, Recovery Vehicle|
- V–Shaped Monocoque Hull, Integral Crew Capsule with double layer armour (12mm, 8 mm & 5 mm with 65 mm interspace), Removable Engine Compartment
- Ballistic Protection - STANAG 4569 level 4, equivalent to 14 kg ATA mines under vehicle, upgradable
- Blast Protection - Double TM-57 equivalent to 12 kg TNT anywhere under the vehicle, upgradable to STANAG 4 and beyond
- Windows - B7 100mm with Polycarbonate Option Stanag 3 upgradable to Stanag 4
- Weapon System (Max) - Up to 20mm Cannon, Katyusha, 14.5, 82mm Smoke, 82mm Mortar
- Window Firing Points - 9
- Roof Firing Points - Up to 7
- Mounts - Up to 4 additional mounts to customer specification
- Turret - Mechanical or Electric
- Under Engine Protection - YES V-Hull
While retaining the Mamba’s fundamental structural advantages and protective factors, Osprea Logistics has re-engineered the Mamba’s original design to improve all the areas of its combat proven pedigree in performance and capabilities — giving it maximum power, manoeuvrability and protection — ensuring its reputation for market dominance into the future. The selection of the air-cooled Magirus Deutz drive line in this vehicle provides proven reliability and durability for harsh African or desert environments.
Based on the Magirus Iveco 110.17, which is in large part identical to the renowned Samil logistics truck range, being the original source for those unparalleled off-road vehicles, it was designed to compliment countries’ existing Samil logistics fleets by unifying training, spares supply and maintenance.
- The AK47 of APC's
The Mamba Mk5 Magirus is stronger and more powerful than its competitors, with improved manoeuvrability and performance, especially in urban theatres. Its industry-leading performance highlights include:
- Increased engine capacity gives this vehicle the same power as a Casspir, but in a smaller, lighter vehicle, thus improving manoeuvrability and performance especially in urban theatres
- Tighter turning circle
- Better acceleration
- Greater payload on top of troop compliment
- Dual layer armour (an effective upgrade from 8 mm to 13 mm).
- Extreme engineering at an advantageous price.
- Up to 7 roof-firing points, 3 fixed weapons mounts or turrets and weapons systems capabilities up to 20 mm rifles, mortar platforms, or multiple rocket launchers.
- Optional configurations: armoured personal carrier, infantry fighting vehicle, fully fitted 2-stretcher ambulance, command and control vehicle and multi-modal communications platforms.
- Production capability of up to 25 units per month with options for co-located assembly facilities at client venue.
- Full warranty protection for vehicle and drive chain.
- Optional Osprea Logistics operator, mechanic training and on-site repair and maintenance services.
- Adherence to tried and tested European components (Iveco/Magirus) improves reliability over cost-conscious use of Indian, Chinese or Russian based components, simplifies existing logistics supply chains, and ensures maintenance at a reduced cost over American origin components for African deployment.